Brazil is the world leader in aluminum cans recycling since 2001. In addition to cans, almost all products containing aluminum can be recycled and upon the recycling process, they can be reused in several industries.
The benefits of recycling aluminum are many:
- Energy savings (only 5% of power is spent in the recycling process if compared against the primary aluminum extraction process);
- Income and job generation;
- Savings of natural resources;
- Reduction of greenhouse emission;
- Reduction of solid waste disposal.
See how aluminum cans are recycled: